Tab.format.group_by empty when grouping by script column

Hi
it seems like tab.format.group_by property is empty for tabs that are grouped by a script, no matter if the tab has the column used for grouping or not. If grouped by builtin columns the returned value is correct.
DOpus 12.26

function OnClick(clickData)
{
	DOpus.Output("\"" + clickData.func.sourcetab.path + "\" grouped by \"" + clickData.func.sourcetab.format.group_by + "\"");
}

What does the script that does the grouping look like?

Tested on

function OnInit(initData)
{
//...
    var col = initData.AddColumn();
	col.name = "Column.Collection.ItemExists";
	col.label = "Collection Item Exists";
	col.header = "Exists on disk";
	col.method = "OnItemExists";
	col.justify = "left";
	col.multicol = false;
}

function OnItemExists(scriptColData)
{
	scriptColData.value = scriptColData.group = DOpus.FSUtil.Exists(scriptColData.item.realpath) ? "Exists" : "Nonexistant";
}

So it does not seem that this behaviour depends on the script itself.

1 Like

Ah OK, I think I misunderstood.

Do you mean that you're using a normal (non-script) command, or the default menus, to turn on grouping by a script column, the same way as with non-script columns, and then the script property is not working after that?

I initially thought we were talking about turning on grouping via the a script, but the example script doesn't turn on grouping (the script only defines what the script-column's groups will be if grouping is turned on by something else).

Sorry, I should have been clearer.
Finally I want to get the type/script which calculates the groups so that I could call
Set GROUPBY="THE VALUE OF Tab.format.group_by" (actually this is nonsense, i know, but the value will be stored and used later on for grouping).
So the value should be something like type, modified or scp:scriptname/columnname.
My problem now is that the tab.format.group_by property is empty for tabs where the groups are defined by a non built in script function.
I either group by "Columns => Script => Scriptname => Columnname; Group By => the added column" or Set GROUPBY=scp:Scriptname/ColumnName
but in both cases the group_by property is empty and i cant use it further.

Many thanks! (I've edited the thread title for clarity.)

We have a fix for this coming, although it is tied to some other related changes which aren't ready for release yet, so it might be a bit longer than usual before it's released.