Tab Switcher Customize Keystrokes inc make it sticky

:zero: Warning - I solved my own Question while writing this post.....doh!

In respect to this cool new Tab Switcher feature:

I am interested in making the effect of the Ctrl-Tab key stick.
In other words I want to be able to release the Ctrl key and still have the tab switching dialog up.

:one: Key Terms
Depress KEY - This refers to hitting and holding down a key
Release KEY - Releasing a key (after it being depressed)
Strike KEY - Hit or Depress a key and then release it

:two: Current Behaviour
Currently the following is true for the Tab Switcher:
Depress Ctrl-Tab - Brings up the Tab Switcher dialog with the cursor over the NEXT tab i.e. the next tab adjacent to the current tab. The Tab-Switcher dialog stays up only as long as the Ctrl key remains depressed
(With Ctrl-Tab depressed) - Strike ARROW Keys - Arrow keys navigate through the available tabs but only as long as the Ctrl key remains depressed
Release Ctrl - Having hit the Ctrl-Tab combination, releasing the Ctrl key escapes the Tab Switcher dialog. Whichever was the selected tab now becomes the current tab.

:three: Desired Behaviour
NOTE - This is in fact the behaviour I find if I run the GO tabswitcher internal command from the FAYT prompt
I want the following:
Strike Ctrl-Tab - Brings up the Tab Switcher dialog with the cursor over the NEXT tab i.e. the next tab adjacent to the current tab. The Tab-Switcher dialog stays up. (Ctrl key does NOT need to remain depressed)
Strike ARROW Keys - Arrow keys navigate through the available tabs. Again no need for Ctrl key to remain depressed
Strike Enter - Escapes the Tab Switcher dialog. Whichever was the selected tab now becomes the current tab.

:four: Cannot Find the Key Command
I was expecting to find the default command to possibly edit it or see how it is constructed.
Should I have found it?

:five: Opps Solved my own Question doh!
For whatever reason this bespoke hotkey does the trick!

2 Likes