Tabs Tabs

I'm confused. You can only double-click one folder at a time, and double-clicking within an Opus window will usually go into the folder in the current tab, not open a new tab (unless you've set things up in an unusual way).

I just checked in doubt to open a folder it is necessary to double click a single click the folder does not open I have nothing modify in the settings and if I open several folders it is not displayed next to the tabs

Where are the folder icons you are double-clicking? On the Desktop?

When you do this, are you double-clicking one folder and then the next folder and then a third folder and so on?

I'm not sure what you're saying here. I can't parse this sentence, sorry.

What I’m looking for is to open a folder = one tab open another folder = another tab next to it and so on and that I can’t?

For sure, but not with a double click (with standard settings, which can be changed if you want).

You can for example open a folder in a new tab via context menu or you create first a new tab and open the second folder there. Or you define that with double middle click on a folder it is opened in a new tab (not sure if that is a standard setting).

See also e.g. Middle click folder to open in new folder tab

Is that want you want/mean?

When you double-click the folders one after the other?

When double-clicking folders inside of Opus, or from another place like the Windows desktop?

There are options to do this, but it will depend on exactly what you want to do.

When I click on several folders inside opus Example 5 open folders = 5 tabs

I can’t find the setting

Settings > File Types > All Folders > Events

Left double-click runs go by default while Left double-click + Alt runs go newtab by default.

You probably want to set Left double-click to go newtab or go newtab=findexisting if you want double-clicks within Opus to open folders in new tabs.

Do you want single clicking a folder to open it? That's not standard behavior, though there is a setting for it.

Good evening it is not with the clicks that I have a problem it is with the tabs I do not have separate tabs for each folder ouvert

Good evening it is not with the clicks that I have a problem it is with the tabs I do not have separate tabs for each open folder

Did you check the setting which Leo mentioned?
Did you try to use the Alt key during double click?

Of course not every folder you double click on is opened in a new tab. :slight_smile:

If I understand you correctly, you want every folder you double click on within Opus to open in a new tab, right?

If that's the case try Settings / Filetypes / All Folder / Events / Left Double Click and change the command to:

GO NEWTAB=nofocus

If you want to go directly to the folder rather than remain in the current folder change the command to:

GO NEWTAB

Apologies if I am misunderstanding this.

Awful idea though, you'll end up with loads of open tabs.

We’re almost there the tabs appear but the folders don’t open what I’m looking for is that the folder opens + the tabs

Change the code to:

GO
GO NEWTAB=nofocus

Thanks super nice this is exactly what I wanted why this function is complicated here to activate it should be simpler Still Thanks

So you wanted to go into the folder in the current tab, and also open the same folder in a new tab, every time you double-click a folder?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

1 Like

Before the tabs overlap I didn’t see the use now they are separated it’s better