Tagger3 for DOpus12

Thanks, kundal. I have to make another test. Maybe it happens due to some mistake, hitting the wrong key somewhere, which makes the selection in the background running crazy, skipping through half a dozen images quickly. In that case i re-enter at the point where i was thrown out, continuing the session. On the other hand, i'm quite sure it's not prone to happen, if i use a "straight" session, with just one type of file names. Or something in my workflow interferes in a way, i didn't figure out yet. Otherwise things are going fine. Have to check it again, & report back.

DOPUS v12.4

Nothing in the script log.

Your script file may be corrupted. Does it look OK when you open it in a text editor?
I re-downloaded the file from my first post and it's working fine here.

restarting the pc seemed to help the file was the same

2017.4.30 16:47 Tagger: 发生错误于 1570,位置 4
2017.4.30 16:47 Tagger: 无效的过程调用或参数: 'DOpus.Strings.Get' (0x800a0005)

I am somewhat new to DOpus & trying to figure out how to tag files and ran across this thread. I've been reading it for some time now and can't figure out why I can't find a download link for the vb script. Google search gives me something but I think it's an old version because when I try to drag it into the script section I get these errors:

Error at line 1573, position 1
Command.File_Tagger.vbs: ==SCRIPT RESOURCES
Command.File_Tagger.vbs: ^
Command.File_Tagger.vbs: Expected statement (0x800a0400)
Command.File_Tagger.vbs: Parse error - script aborted
Command.File_Tagger.vbs: Error at line 1573, position 1
Newest File Column.js: Error at line 12, position 2
Newest File Column.js: Object doesn't support this property or method (0x800a01b6)
Newest File Column.js: Error at line 12, position 2
Newest File Column.js: Object doesn't support this property or method (0x800a01b6)

What am I missing?

Are you using Directory Opus 11? This script requires version 12. There's an older version here.

Nope v12,
I lied. thought I did the beta upgrade last year..
Sry bout that. Will upgrade shortly and try it again.

Now I'm down to one error:
5/28/2017 1:02 PM Command.File_Tagger.vbs: Error at line 1570, position 4
5/28/2017 1:02 PM Command.File_Tagger.vbs: A method was called unexpectedly (0x8000ffff)

You don't usually need any scripts just to tag some files, unless you want to tag them in very particular ways.

See Editing Metadata to get started with the built-in functionality.

You might still want to come back to this script if you want the things it adds, but if you're having trouble then you can simplify things by sticking to what's built-in, which may do all you need anyway.

You'll always find the link for the newest version at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

I got the same error with bKog, It eccoured in line 1570, position 4, seem like the "DOpus.strings.GET"

@kundal I have Tagger 3.3 installed with a button that calls Tagger. Pressing the button selects the first file in the active tab, then the DOpus Lister loses focus.

Any ideas as to why?

@kundal @tbone

Is this script no longer supported? I have a button that calls the tagger script, but clicking the button deselects the lister. No dialog appears. I can't get it to work and would appreciate some help.

The dialog loads and saves its previous position.

It's possible it is opening, but somewhere which is now off screen.

Try deleting windowstate_scriptdialog.osd under /dopuslocaldata/State Data to see if that brings it back.

We'll also make a change so that those saved positions are moved to ensure they are visible.

1 Like

That did it! Thanks Leo!

1 Like

Just purchase v12.23 and after installing the 3.3 Tagger script, I keep getting the same error:
1/29/2021 4:36 PM Tagger: Error at line 252, position 9
1/29/2021 4:36 PM Tagger: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'itemData.tags' (0x800a01b6)

The viewer opens but the tag dialog does not. Any suggestions?

What type(s) of files/folders are in the directory you're in?

My guess is the itemData object is invalid here for one of the items in the folder. The object itself probably needs testing before testing the tags property. (Remember that VBScript doesn't short-circuit logical statements, so it would need to be two separate If ... Then tests for each thing.)

Set itemData  = DOpus.FSUtil.GetMetadata(cmd.sourcetab.all(i))
        If Not IsEmpty(itemData.tags) Then

Knowing the folder / types involved when there's an error should make it easier to confirm that theory and fix/test things.

I figured it out... turned off checkbox mode and the script works great.

For DOpus v13.0.36 or higher the script needed some changes to work correctly. I reported the issues here. You can download the fixed version at the bottom of the first post in this thread.