Tags disappear when editing file comments

I'm really getting into using the description/comments fields with my documents and now I like adding tags/keywords.
But I've noticed whenever I edit the comments on the metadata panel and update the file, the tags disappear and then I have to enter them in again. which can be frustrating when there are quite a few of them.
It doesn't happen on all files and the issue is not exclusive to any particular file type - it seems quite random actually.
What could be causing this?
Is there a specific connection between descriptions and keywords that can be seperated? Are the tags embedded into the file? If so, why would they disappear when I change or edit the comments?

We'd need some sample files which that happens with to investigate that. Can you point us to some files we can try with?

Hm, not sure how I can do that without attaching personal files - and as I said, its very random. Sometimes it happens to the file, sometimes it doesn't.
It has happened to a couple of BMPs, 1 JPG file, 1 DOC file and some .package files (package files are used in some Electronic Arts games like The Sims)

If it happens with BMP files then the file itself may not matter, since BMP files don't store metadata and both the tags and user command will be stored as NTFS/ADS metadata.

What are the exact steps to reproduce what you're seeing with a BMP file?

I open the lister with some BMP files in it, then open the metadata panel so it appears at the bottom, add some tags, then add some comment in the description field. One or two of the tags then disappear when I click 'apply'.
I've noticed it happens more consistently with .package files.

Edit:
I've attached a .package file that I have that just won't keep the tags I've added to it. Open it with the metadata panel and enter some tags, then a comment or two. Then edit the comment by either adding another word or deleting one then you see one or all of the tags disappear when you click apply. The attribute 'A' changes too, the box unchecks if it was checked before and the dates change
Sample package file.zip (89.1 KB)

It's possible this is the bug fixed in Beta 11.7.1:

Thanks! I didn't know about beta versions.
If the beta is stable enough to install over my current setup without losing any settings then I'll install it and hope it will fix this issue.
I will report back.

11.8 should be out at the end of this week if you'd prefer to wait.

I have just installed the beta and it works perfectly. The tags don't disappear as before so the bug seems to be fixed in that beta. I will update as usual when the stable version comes out.
Now I just have to work out how to add multiple tags with one click - that 'command' business is so hard to get my head around.
Thanks again :slight_smile: