Take ownership in contextmenu

I've earlier had this but not too long ago, accidentally got rid of it, probably when I tried to clean up my context menu.

I've googled and tried every reg file I could find. I can get it to work directly from the desktop and from Explorer, but not from a DOpus lister. Any ideas?

I'm on Win 7.

How exactly do you "get it to work from Explorer"? Whatever the technique is, it should work from Opus as well.

I've tried using different reg files such as this one: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

In Opus, the take ownership option only shows up for folders.

That way of adding a context menu, if it's the one I'm thinking of that has come up here before, has always seemed really dodgy to me.

There's a discussion in this thread, as well as alternatives that should work better. If you just want something in Opus:

Or, if you want something that works everywhere:

Thanks, Leo.

I tried the second option and it works with files. I must be honest and say, I can't super clearly remember having used it on folders but vaguely I do feel like I've used it on a folder and had it change all files within it as well.

Anyhow, it only works on files now. If I have a mixed selection of files and folders, it won't show up in the context menu unless I deselect the folders.

I'm not sure why the 2nd option wouldn't work with both, but the 1st should if the 2nd doesn't.

What are you doing that you need to take ownership of folders so often? It's usually a once-per-Windows-reinstall type of thing where using the normal Windows UI or manually doing it from a command prompt does the trick. Is there a situation where people need to do it more often?

I don't need it often but it was so neat to have, that I don't mind having it directly in the context menu. Actually, it's been a while since I last needed it but there was a time, when torrenting would mess up file permission a bit too frequently.