Tangled about Lister Layouts and Toolbar Sets

There is still something mysterious to me referred to DOpus. It exists a default Lister Layout (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Layout\System) and many which can be created by Users in the folder above. But there's no default Toolbar Set (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Toolbar Sets?) in the Toolbar Sets folder. Where is the default Toolbar Set stored?

When I choose a Lister Layout it will not be checkmarked in the list. I don't know later in which Layout state I'm actually in. In the Toolbar Sets List there are more than one Toolbar Set checkmarked. Do they clash or are they overlaped?

:confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

It is stored in /dopusdata\ConfigFiles\toolbars.oxc (which predates the concept of multiple toolbar sets).

Under Preferences / Display / Options / Lister title bar:, turn on Display layout name (if any). The window titles will tell you which layout (if any) opened the window.

The layout something came from is not really current state, and as soon as you change any aspect of a window it is no longer really the layout it came from anyway. So the layout will not be selected in layout lists. It's just a piece of history about where the window came from, and something scripts can use (e.g. to find all windows that came from a particular layout and do something to them).

You would usually only have one toolbar set loaded (or at least marked as current) at a time, but you can load more than one if you go out of your way to do so.

You've probably gone to Preferences / Toolbars / Toolbar Sets and changed the Behavior drop-down for all the sets you currently have loaded to something other than the normal Replace existing toolbars mode. When it's in the normal mode, loading one toolbar set will close toolbars from any other sets, but if you change it then you can have more than one toolbar set loaded. You should know if you've done that, though.

The Toolbar LOADSET command/argument can also override those settings but, again, you should know if you're using that as it isn't part of any default commands.

1 Like

Well, I have to digest it. Thanks for your effort.