Text file line count

c /dupdata/Dopusdata/ in my last post.

You may want to add a spacer to your toolbar (in customize mode right click the toolbar=>New=>Spacer).

[quote="boogy"]but where is the location bar....???[/quote]It's the field where you can see the path of the current folder. Simply paste the path there. /home (DOpus installation path) and /dopusdata (DOpus configuration path) are Aliases.

Thanks kundal and tbone.

I've moved my button on to the top row immediately to the right of the file etc menu where it stands out.

I found that F4 selects the location bar and /dopusdata works great. There's also a shift-enter that does something similar to F4 but I'm not sure of the purpose of that yet.

Just to experiment I'm going to see if I can add two new buttons: one to generate F4 for the location bar and one to select /dopusdata.

I expect there are a few useful buttons to discover and add.

You can install scripts using drag & drop, without worrying about most of this.

If you have the script saved in a .vbs file, just drag it to the list in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts and Opus will install it.

The only time you need to go to /dopusdata/Script AddIns manually is if you want to delete a script you have previously installed.

Oops, sorry for creating confusion! /home was indeed the wrong, I meant /dopusdata of course, but you learned a new alias that way, right? o)

@boogy
With location bar/path bar/path field or something, I refer to the textbox or horizontal field, where your current filesystem path is shown. It can be used to enter new paths as well and is an important lister element one cannot oversee, I'd think at least! o))

To move a button, right click a free space on any toolbar and select "Customize", then drag that button around by mouse and after that simply close the "Customize" window to get back to normal working state. Under Prefs -> Toolbars -> Options is an option "Alt-Click to edit Toolbar buttons", if enabled it allows to enter "Customize" mode on pressing ALT and LEFT-clicking any toolbarbutton - this is quicker to get there sometimes.

Just turned this on with customize minimised which is really useful - thanks.

I haven't had any luck searching for help on how to invoke F4 and then enter something but I think its because I need to look for vbscript stuff...

The location bar has F4 and Alt+D as hotkeys by default. You shouldn't need to set up an F4 hotkey for it, unless you've gone and deleted things from the default toolbars.

If you need to add a hotkey to anything on a toolbar, go into Customize mode, right-click the item you're interested in, choose Edit, and use the Hotkey field.