The Search Box is not workiing

After today's Windows update (for 1903) it now works.

Hi all ... after launching the auto indexing of my drives, the "find" in the top right hand corner in DOPUS is working ... (I am still on 1809).

All the best and thanks for all the insights

It's gone back to not working, as shown in my post above.

UPDATE: Cleared and restarted Windows indexing, and it seems to be working and stable.

Hello. I have been unable to use the QUICK SEARCH in DOPUS..With identical screen capture examples posted here I feel there is no need to post mine.
I am a very long term DOPUS registered user both personally and on computers in offices where I was employed. My experience with DOPUS has been excellent and problem free up until now. As a photographer (now) I often have literally thousands of images per shoot and the program is a super efficient tool in my workflow. Until the loss of the Quick Search function so I eagerly await a fix or work around please.

I have a laptop with W10 P20
DOPUS Pro installed: 12.18 64 Build 7263
I have a desktop with Win10 Pro
DOPOS Pro installed 12 .19 x64 Build 7310
Both machines have the same DOPUS search problem
I have re-installed DOPUS and rebooted - no change
Both have Windows Indexing operating ALL
I have run W10 Search troubleshooting on both.,,no problems seen.
I have up to date Malware bytes and Windows security on both and for a long time.
Both machines are cleaned daily.
I temporarily restored a registry backup from Jun 2019. With no positive result.
I rarely changes settings and on the laptol cannot recall ever changing anything at all,

I do appreciate your difficulty in tracing a problem and trust you will resolve matters soon

thanks Bob Sommerville

Did you, by any chance, read https://resource.dopus.com/t/the-search-box-is-not-workiing/34451/20 and maybe updated already your Windows as it might be an annoying MicrosoftUpdateAgainBrokeMyWindows issue as mentioned in the Engadget link?

Michael

Thanks Michael...yes I did and coincidentally W10 was itself updating to 1903 (on both machines) at the time I received your reply. Then when completed and rebooted Quick Search did work for a few minutes....then the earlier non-search problem appeared again. I stopped and restarted Windows Indexing. DOPUS is Quick Searching again as it should - and is much faster.

Thank you Michael

1 Like

Hello --- am happy this is generating a good discussion.
I did not update to 1903 but stayed with 1809.
For that, I activated auto search --- here is a good link (even thought it says W8, it is about W10):

It made DOPUS search (both) work very well.

Thanks