The toolbar become bigger then a image is bigger then build-in icons

I have a png file that is size 128x128 that I use in a button on a toolbar. When I add it, the toolbar becomes bigger, it shouldn't scale down images to be the same size as the other built-in icons.
Will be the same with both large and small images settings in the toolbar, the image is larger and enlarges the toolbar. It is most noticeable when I run a vertical, no label, large image toolbar.
When I run a floating toolbar, you can choose same-sized buttons, but that setting is not in listers toolbar? I think is a bug?
Before:
Clipboard Image
After:
Clipboard Image (1)
Org png:
pictures

Make sure Preferences / Toolbars / Appearance / Scale toolbar button images when larger than standard size is turned on.

The Scale toolbar button images when larger than standard size is turned on i preferences.

I checked the code and this is how Scale toolbar button images when larger than standard size works currently:

• If off, maximum toolbar icon size is 128*DPI.
  • If on, max size is 32*DPI for large icons, 20*DPI for small icons.

At least with the standard icon sets, that should mean the PNG is the same size or slightly smaller than the other icons.

My guess is the button with the PNG in your screenshot is set to use "large" icons, while the other buttons are using "small" or "default". Trying the same gives similar results here. If that's the case, you just need to edit the button and change the size here:

I think I found why the error occurs :smiley:

I tested here again and found that if I scaled windows down to 100% instead of the 125% I usually run, this error does not occur. (log out and in between, otherwise it won't change) So it has to do with windows scaling. The images are scaled up but not standard or windows icons do.

I also tried converting the image to a jpg with the same result.

My testing was done at 200% scaling.

Did you check the image size setting I mentioned?

I tested it, recorded a gif anim that I didn't add because I thought I found the problem.
I tried now and increased the scaling in windows to 200% and 150% and then down to 125% and it is only at 125% that the image is too large. Very strange bug
dopus_UeQaepi4Tb

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for working it out!

At 125% the default icons don't get DPI scaled (the size difference is minimal and scaling small icons to make them slightly larger doesn't have good results). The max size setting does still scale, so they're mismatched in that situation.

We can change the max size to match what the icon set does, which should solve it.

Thanks! Good thing you found the problem and can fix it.

Tested with my girlfriend's Dopus 12 and it's exactly the same there.

This is fixed in the next beta.

1 Like

I also found a problem with using the icons(imageres.dll and shell32.dll) that came with the system. They seemed to have a smaller size than the size in the dopus icon set. I know that the size of dopus medium and small icons is 20px, even if I make 18px icon set, the display effect is still 20px. Can I add the function of freely setting the size of small icons to keep the same size as Windows dll icons

Resizing small icons slightly larger usually doesn't produce good results, since there's so little data to build from.

There is Internal, Small Icons for Context Menus which gives smaller versions of the internal icons that match the system icon size. Reducing size works a bit better than enlarging, but is still imperfect if scaling is required. (Scaling isn't always required: At 200% DPI, we can use our 32x32 icons which match the system icon size already.)