Thread count

I still dispute your reasoning, sorry, but I don't see the need to argue any further. If you've found something that seems to work for you then great.

I've moved these posts on to the main thread to keep everything together.

Leo, what is it exactly that you "dispute"?

1] I think you agree that having the system-wide hook installed necessarily incurs a penalty of extra processor cycles throughout the user's usage of the computer, while Opus is in the background, and that these cycles won't be incurred at all in "no-external-notify" mode.

2] I think that where we disagree is that you don't believe that these extra cycles can add up to anything measurably significant, while I see a very problematic 15,000 context switches per second on my machine. Am I correct that this is our disagreement?

3] I posted the Autohotkey script above so that other users who experience the same problem will be able to experience the performance boost of "no-external-notify" mode without the refresh problem. If anyone else experiences the problem and finds the script to be a
useful workaround, please do let us know.

4] Leo, I'd like to work with you, please, to attempt to reproduce the problem on your end. If I write a program that simulates the type of intense multi-thread file activity that I regularly have running on my machine, would you be willing to run it to see whether you can reproduce the situation?