Thread missing

:question: Can someone please tell me why my Thread is missing? :question: I cannot find it through the normal searches. I have new information to share about the slowness of DO9 but nowhere to share it. :frowning:

Your Forum ID shows that you have only posted here once, which I presume is this thread.

There is a recent discussion on slowness here. Could that be the thread you are speaking of?

The forum usually sorts by thread with the most recent activity. Admins sometimes remove threads which get out-of-control.

I can't find the thread either. :frowning: If you've got new info that might be useful then start a new thread and we'll pick up from there.

Yes, I can understand "Admin" wanting to trim down the bulk ocassionally but there was some good information in that thread. For example noticing the effect on slowness when in Safe Mode.

No matter, I will start a new thread this evening after I'm finished with lectures.

I suspect your thread got lost during some maintenance. I think I remember it.
Admins here neither remove nor censor posts (sometimes foul language gets edited and discussions out of control are locked), unlike some other forums.

X.

There was something strange about the thread since the forum seemed to think it had one more post than it really had (which is why we added replies at the start of pages 3 and 4 to avoid weird error messages) so something may have gone haywire. (It's also possible it got deleted on purpose but nobody said anything about it so I'm not sure either way.)

None of the admins deleted the thread - I checked just to be sure. As Nudel says, the thread was corrupted at some point and we had to add blank messages to keep the paging working properly. It's likely that it finally just gave up and disappeared...