Thumbnail Cache was deleted

I had 200 megs of Thumbnail Cache and it has been deleted.

Why and how is Dopus programmed to delete thumbnail cache ?

It sucks now all my folders are drawing really slow, it's starting over from scratch.

Did you change the thumbnail-related preferences for the Gif, Text-Thumbs or Movie plugins?

Not sure about the Movie plugin but my Gif and Text-Thumbs plugins will ask Opus to clear the thumbnail cache in that situation as there's currently no way for them to ask for just their own thumbnails to be removed from the cache and regenerated with the new settings.

If it wasn't that then where is your cache stored? If it's in a temp dir something may have cleaned it up mistakenly. Or have you had any crashes while generating thumbnails (e.g. due to a badly behaved video codec) that may have caused the cache to be corrupted and restarted?

[quote="nudel"]Did you change the thumbnail-related preferences for the Gif, Text-Thumbs or Movie plugins?

Not sure about the Movie plugin but my Gif and Text-Thumbs plugins will ask Opus to clear the thumbnail cache in that situation as there's currently no way for them to ask for just their own thumbnails to be removed from the cache and regenerated with the new settings.

If it wasn't that then where is your cache stored? If it's in a temp dir something may have cleaned it up mistakenly. Or have you had any crashes while generating thumbnails (e.g. due to a badly behaved video codec) that may have caused the cache to be corrupted and restarted?[/quote]

I did change the settings for a few plugins including the text-thumbs, I will have to remember that it clears the cache.

I have the cache set in it's own folder not a temp dir.