Thumbnail Size and Thumbnail Slider Question

I recently added more thumbnail sizes, and now I have 6 sizes displayed on my Toolbar. After I added more sizes, a wonderful Thumbnail size slider appeared on my Toolbar also.

Is it possible to have the Thumbnail size slider on my toolbar, and NOT the thumbnail size options?

Yes, by deleting the ''Thumbnail Size Buttons''-Button.

2023-04-07_201559

2023-04-07_201710

OH! I feel so silly! Thank you for telling what I should have known!

I am amazed I have not been able to find any mention of the Thumbnail slider in this forum or the manual. I had always wanted a thumbnail size slider, and it suddenly appeared when I added more sizes.

1 Like

The Thumbnail slider is mentioned in the Field Buttons.
https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Field_Buttons.htm

And the thumbnail size slider should be part of the Images Toolbar by default.
https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Images_Toolbar.htm

Thanks., I had searched, but I obviously did not use the right words when searching.
I never had a thumbnail size slider visible until I added more thumbnail sizes. I asked a friend if he has a slider, and he does not.

The slider should be there any time you're in thumbnails mode, with the default toolbars.

What do you mean by adding more thumbnail sizes?

What I mean by "I added more thumbnail sizes": See the screenshot in my original post. There are 6 different thumbnail sizes listed, as opposed to the usual 4. I added other sizes in Settings > Preferences > File Display Modes > Thumbnails.

Today I removed the thumbnail size button (the one with the pixel dimensions, not the slider) by dragging it back to the list of Commands in the Toolbar Editor, but now I can't find that button! It does not have an icon/image like other buttons do! How can I find it to put it back on the toolbar?

I can't see an option for that, but I may just be overlooking it and it's not too important so don't worry about it. (FWIW, I think the number of sizes can be changed by editing the command that generates the size list.)

If your Images toolbar doesn't have any other changes you need to keep, the quickest thing to do is right-click an empty space on it, and there will be an option to reset it to the Factory Defaults.

Alternatively, if you want to keep other changes, here's the list in XML form.

• Copy the code below to your clipboard
  • Settings > Customize Toolbars, to start editing toolbars
  • Right-click on the toolbar where you want the list
  • Choose Paste, then click OK in the Customize dialog.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="label" label_pos="right" textcol="none">
	<label>Thumbnail Size Buttons</label>
	<tip>Makes buttons for thumbnail sizes up to the configured maximum</tip>
	<icon1>#thumbnailsize</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>Show THUMBNAILSIZE list</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

We're going to improve the list of preset commands to include a lot more in the future, and make it automatically include everything from the default toolbars (more or less).

Thank you.
Why is that not in in the list of commands/buttons? I removed it thinking I could simply put it back if I wanted to.