Thumbnail size issue

Hi,

The thing is, I'm actively using this commands to switch between square thumbnails and 16x9 thumbnails:
Show THUMBNAILSIZE 512,512
Show THUMBNAILSIZE 512,288
But there is a thumbnail size settings in preferences>thumbnails>appearance which I have problem with.
For example, when thumbnail size is set to 512x512 in preferences, the previously sent "Show THUMBNAILSIZE 512,288" command resets if I touch the thumbnail size slider. Again, I just want to scale down the 512x288 thumbnails with a slider but touching the slider make the thumbnails square.
Alternatively, if I set the thumbnail size to 512x288 in preferences, the previously sent "Show THUMBNAILSIZE 512,512" command resets if I try to scale down the thumbnails with thumbnail size slider.

Basically I would like to keep the aspect ratio of the thumbnails set by the commands when changing the size of thumbnails with thumbnail size slider.

Is it even possible?
Any help will be appreciated.

The slider always uses the aspect ratio set in Preferences.

You can override it using commands, but then you have to use commands to change it and keep it overridden. You can't use the slider in that case.

So you could make a few buttons that set the size to a few different 16:9 sizes, while keeping Preferences to a 1:1 size. (Or vice versa.)

In the next update we'll add an option to make the slider preserve the current aspect ratio.

You cannot imagine how happy I am to hear this! I've been in need of this feature for almost two years. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is available now in 11.16.2 Beta.