Thumbnail view not maintained across folder changes

This behaviour is a change from V12.

When I am looking at a folder containing images, I turn on the Thumbnails (top bar icon or Ctrl Shft M). If I am in directory containing multiple sub folders of images I would like to have the Thumbnail view turned on for all folders as I review the contents.

In V12, switching on Thumbnails would maintain the thumbnail view across all sub folders. In V13, the Thumbnails are switched off if you navigate to a different folder.

I would very much like to NOT have to switch on Thumbnails for every change in folder.

If this is a new optional setting, can you tell me where it is please? If it is not, can you change the behaviour back to how it was in V12 because it's driving me mental as well being a lot of extra work for each and every folder.

Thanks

Turning off Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats / Automatic Formats / Remember folder formats automatically should restore the old behavior, from a quick test.

Edit: We plan to change how this works in the next beta, too.

1 Like

It seems that in Dopus 13.1.2 Beta The thumbnail view will retain the thumbnail view in all sub folders. Is there a way to turn it off? Personally I don't like this feature, but since other users like it, I wish there was an option to enable or disable it.

So you liked the change from Opus 12 to 13 with how that worked? Or are we still not back to what you were used to with 12?

We could allow for a choice of both behaviors if it's needed. I can see reasons why people could want both of them, for sure.

Can I figure out how to revert the old behavior as it was in the first release of 13.1?

There isn't a way in the beta we just put out but we can probably add one. (I haven't seen what the change entailed yet, so it could be more complex than that, but hopefully isn't.)

Yes, that seems to have worked. Thank you.

1 Like

Since every custom format has a checkbox at the bottom titled

Use as the default format for all sub-folders

It might suffice if there was a checkbox in the "remembered formats" page which set the sub-folder default for remembered formats.

With this unchecked, you get the DOpus 13 behaviour, with it checked you get the DOPus 12 behaviour.

Optionally, you could leave this unchecked, but use the state of the `format lock' when remembering a format. (Translate it to "use as the default for sub-folders", restoring the lock when entering a folder seems like a Really Bad Idea)..

There are two behaviors since the release of version 13, the v13.1 and v13.1.1 folder formats inherited from user defaults and the v13.1.2 and above folder formats inherited from the current format (similar to dopus 12). Now I'm stuck on version 13.1.1 because I really like it when folder formats are inherited from the user's default format and I don't know if the developers will add an option to select those two options.

Just shows you can't please all of the people all of the time :slight_smile:

The next beta will give you more control over this.

4 Likes

In version 13.3.1 (Beta) there are new options for folder format behavior. Now user can choose between folder format inherited from the user default format and folder format inherited from the current format (similar to dopus 12).

Many thanks to the developer for adding this option, I really appreciate it.

4 Likes