Thumbnails not showing

Hello,

Not sure if this DO issue or Windows one.
Often thumbnails don't show correctly. See attachment.

Windows 7 64
DO v12.4.4
Images are mostly PNG

Any idea?
Thanks

Hmm, PNGs works here as thumbnails. Is there anything special about your examples? Very large, for example? You could also try to rebuild the thumbnails cache, which is a setting in the preferences. Or give it more space. There is also a lossless compression setting, which might be worth to change, if that makes a difference.

Try installing 12.5.1.

Just installed DO 12.5.1. Same problem.
After some testing I noticed that image file type and size doesn't matter, some images are less than 1 MB.
I have cache thumbnails unchecked in options as I don't want to store that. But enabling it for testing didn't fix the issue.
The folder I'm testing contains around 5000 images, could that be an issue?

try copying some of the files that are not displaying to a new folder and see if they show up

@wobbly, did, no thumbnail issue then.
Forgot to mention that I mostly encounter this problem when using the filter ( find as you type ) in folders with large number of files.
Normally fix this problem by quickly toggling thumbnail view Set VIEW=details,thumbnails*

Would be great if this problem gets fixed though.

Once all images are cached, it shouldn't happen any longer. For example, if someone runs a search with thousands of search results, some of the containing folders might have been cached already, while others inbetween aren't yet.

So you might find yourself looking at unprocessed thumbnails, where it would take some time, until the thumbnail indexer threads reach your current page. So maybe it's rather not a real bug, but some effect of the caching process.

@abr,
Good explanation, but I doubt it's the reason in my case as I have both option ( cache thumbnails and load all thumbnails in a folder automatically ) unchecked in preferences.
I normally don't want to cache thumbnails and only want to show thumbnails for items in view. Sometimes I have 10 items filtered/visible yet thumbnails for few of these few filtered/visible items are not showing correctly.

See screenshot:

The thumbnail threads may be getting stuck on one or more of the files in the folder, so they never progress to the other files.

The most common cause of this is video files, combined with certain video codecs, which go haywire on those particular files and get stuck in an endless loop, never returning the thumbnail when Opus asks them to generate one.