Tiles view - Choose picture to show on folder

When I view my folders using tile mode it shows 4 little previews of images contained within the folder. I would like to manually select which picture is displayed on my folders in tile view.

I right click on the folder - >properties -> click customize -> under folder pictures I select choose File.. and then navigate to the folder and select the picture I want. I click ok and nothing happens.

How can I get this working?

Thanks

Just after posting this I rememberd the folder.jpg trick. Sure enough this works but it means I have to have to have two copies of the same image in each of the folders. This is a hassle and and a waste of space.

Any way to get the windows method mentioned in my first post to work?

What OS are you using? This method is supposed to work and does for me in Vista.

Jon,

I'm using Vista as well (32 bit). I'm also uisng opus 9106.

Any ideas why its not working for me?

Not really. Does the folder image change in Explorer?

Doesn't work for me either I just noticed.

I've just got it to work in Explorer with one folder but flipping back to opus I can see it doesn't show it, I still get the 4 little thumbnails instead. I'm not sure how I did it though because I can't get it to work with the other folders at the moment.

I'm going to create another folder tomorrow and test some more so I can try and find out what's going on.

It looks like it may have something to do with the folder its in. If I move one of the sub folder that doesn't work into a folder it starts working. I've got a folder format setup for the first folder I wonder if this has something to do with it.

I have to go now but i'll try and do some more testing tomorrow.

I don't think folder formats will affect the thumbnail for a folder.

Have you changed the Read-Only attribute on the folder, by any chance? I read that the attribute is used by the Customize stuff to indicate that the folder has been customized (e.g. has a special icon or thumbnail set).