Toggle COPY/MOVE when dragging files? (OS X / Parallels)

After having migrated from Windows 7 to a new computer with Windows 10, this does not work anymore in DOpus:

When I drag a file from one Lister to the other Lister, on the old DOpus I could toggle between COPY and MOVE by holding down either the SHIFT key or CTRL key respectively. This does not work anymore on my new system.

How can I reactivate this feature?

These settings might have something to do with the issue:

But how to change them to resolve the issue?

Those events look correct.

What happens when you hold ctrl or shift while dragging at the moment?

Nothing. The COPY or MOVE remains the same (move when inside the same drive, copy when between different drives).

I have made a test with CharProbe:

When I press the SHIFT key I get:

When I press the CTRL key I get:

When I press the ALT key I get:

So this is proof the modifier keys are working correctly.

Does this happen when dragging from C:\ to C:\ or only with particular folders?

Does it matter what type of file/folder is being dragged?

I've tried dragging FILES or FOLDERS between subfolders of C: It says always "Move to", regardless whether I hold down the SHIFT key or CTRL key (or the ALT key).

It does NOT matter what type of file/folder is being dragged.

Assuming you've imported a config backup, have you tried using the default config to see if it still happens with that?

(To get back to the default config, uninstall Opus, then reinstall it. Make a config backup first if needed, but don't restore it until after testing.)

Does dragging with qualifiers work OK between two File Explorer windows?

Which mouse button are you dragging with? Is it from Details mode, Thumbnails, List, etc., or are you using Power Mode?

I have also tried a low-level key-logger program in Delphi which tracks the key presses:

I have NOT imported a previous configuration because this time I wanted to start from the default configuration. So uninstalling and reinstalling DOPus would be useless.

Leo asked a couple of other questions:

What do you mean with "qualifiers"? When I drag files/folders between two Explorer windows, the behavior is the same as with DOpus: MOVING between subfolders of C: and it cannot be modified with modifier keys.

Qualifiers and modifiers are the same thing (shift/control keys).

That tells us that whatever the problem is, it's more general to your PC and not something in your Opus config or that Opus is doing.

Mouse or keyboard drivers, or maybe something unusual something else has installed which changes how drag & drop or the keyboard or mouse works, but I could not guess what.

With the LEFT mouse button of course. And here is the proof:

I have tried List, Details, Power, Thumbnails mode. It does not matter.

I suggest you send me a small test program which uses the same checking of the modifier keys as DOpus does. I suspect DOpus uses a method which cannot retrieve my modifier key presses. I have a Logitech Craft keyboard with German Layout connected with Bluetooth.

What would be the point? If it doesn't work in Explorer either then it's clearly not related to Opus.

You mean the toggling between COPY/MOVE with the modifier keys when dragging is also supposed to work in Windows Explorer?

Yes. It has worked in Explorer since Windows 95.

Something's wrong with your computer.

My computer is BRAND NEW (3 weeks): A MacBook Pro with highly sophisticated first-class hardware.