Toggle "SHA-1" column ON/OFF in 2nd Column position only in current folder?

Firstly, all of my Listers are identical and have the same Column Names and Positions: Name, Size, Type, Modified, and Created

What I need to do:

❶ Create a toolbar button or a hotkey which makes the "SHA-1 Checksum" column appear and also always be positioned as the 2nd column, after the "Name" column header (which is always the 1st column in all of my Listers).

❷ Make the "SHA-1 Checksum" column ONLY ACTIVE in the folder it was activated in initially. If I go to another folder, I want the "SHA-1 Checksum" column to be deactivated automatically. Sometimes I will go to a folder which contains a lot of very large files and, forgetting that the "SHA-1 Checksum" column is still active, the Lister will start calculating the SHA-1 Hashes of those files. I then have to close the Lister to deactivate the "SHA-1 Checksum" column, then open a new Lister and navigate back to wherever I was trying to go to in the first place.

What I am doing now:

I am currently bringing up the "SHA-1 Checksum" column manually by right-clicking on a Column Header and drilling down to the proper entry, like so:

This is kind of tedious. I have done a lot of searching for a solution to my problem, but I think I'm just a little too dense to figure this out, so...

TL;DR: Create toolbar button or a hotkey to activate "SHA-1 Checksum" column in the current folder only, then automatically deactivate the column if I leave that folder.

As always, thank you for your help :slight_smile:

See the Set command COLUMNSADD and COLUMNSTOGGLE arguments which are what you would use to add or toggle a column. The docs explain how to specify the position, either as an absolute column number or relative to another column (e.g. "Put it next to Name").

The FormatReset script can be used to make Opus always reset the folder format when changing folders.

Thanks again, Leo!