Toolbar not on every lister

Is there a way to load toolbars that show only on select Listers, not all.
Bob

The Toolbar command has a LOCAL argument for opening toolbars only in the active lister, not in all other listers.

e.g. This will open (or close if it's already open) MyToolbar in the current window without affecting other windows:

Toolbar TOGGLE LOCAL MyToolbar

(You also need to use the argument when closing toolbars which were opened by using LOCAL previously. And note that you cannot currently close a global toolbar in only one window; so you can add toolbars to individual windows and later remove the same toolbars but you cannot remove any of the starting toolbars from a single window without affecting all the others.)

The Toolbar command has a LOCAL argument for opening toolbars only in the active lister, not in all other listers<<
I checked all my pockets and I cannot find anywhere, the location for this capability. Is this a new feature? I know there was a topic regarding this a little over a year ago.
Bob

[quote="amerifax"]I checked all my pockets and I cannot find anywhere, the location for this capability. Is this a new feature? I know there was a topic regarding this a little over a year ago.
Bob[/quote]
What does this question mean... what are you asking about when referring to "location for this capability" (not to mention "pockets" - lol)? Leo gave you an example command, it's documented in the help, and is available in the command editor when building a new Toolbar command. Been present in Opus for years...

I use it with various toolbars I turn on/off from a menu button for different types of media related work (different toolbars for music, pictures, videos, comics, ebooks, difftools, drives, etc). While I make heavy use of folder tabs, I still quite often have 3 or 4 listers open where I flip-flop between different types of work. So, the LOCAL arg is useful because it lets you load a toolbar only in the current lister without opening it in all the other listers - unlike what happens when you DON'T use the arg - OR - when you turn a toolbar on from the context menu you get when you right-click on an existing toolbar. Those normal ways of turning on/off toolbars withOUT the LOCAL arg opens the toolbar(s) "globally" (i.e. in all other listers).

I hope you don't mind my question, but why is it, that a global toolbar cannot be closed in a single lister ?!

I wanted to open a "toolbar-reduced" lister to get me some space for other kind of toolbars, more related to the the work I planned to do with that lister config/layout, but.. aehm, that failed.. o)

That's just how it works right now. There's no ideological reason behind it, and we might change how it works in the future.

I see, ok.. o)
I thought of some possible technical restriction in the first place (in other words, huge efforts changing how it works right now?).
Having global toolbars closed locally would open a nice playfield for more custom lister looks/layouts and things like that.. but aehm, you know that already.. o)

FWIW:

[REQ] Global/Local toolbars, Embedded Commands, New Layouts