Toolbars – Drives dual display

Is it possible to have the drives displayed above the left window and above the right window at the same time?
This is possible in Total Commander but I cannot find any reference to this in the settings on DO9
TIA :slight_smile:

[quote="hoonose"]Is it possible to have the drives displayed above the left window and above the right window at the same time?
This is possible in Total Commander but I cannot find any reference to this in the settings on DO9
TIA :slight_smile:[/quote]

Hallo, can´t you just copy the drive bar button & place it (by pasting it) where you want it to? By the way, when i first tested Dopus, i thought i needed a second drive bar, too, like in Speed Commander.

But very fastly i got used to having only one drive bar, which is over the right list, on the left side i can access the drives & folders quite quickly via the bread crumbs, so i don´t feel no need for having two drive bars anymore, since they´re taking up too much space, anyway.

Thanks your reply but it does not really help.
For example I would like to click on drive button D: on the left which would automatically select D: drive on the left pane – Then click on drive button E: on the right pane which would set the right pane to E: drive.
If I copy the drive buttons then that is all I get; just a copy of the existing buttons. They do not select left or right pane. It is a pity because I have been using TC for many years and I really miss that option.
On another subject I cannot find any function for file compare (i.e. comparing the contents of two files in different directories) which is also available in TC but not it seems in DO9
Not quite overwhelmed with DO9 at this time but I will persevere a little longer to see if it is as good as or better than TC before purchase.
:unamused:

[quote="hoonose"]
On another subject I cannot find any function for file compare (i.e. comparing the contents of two files in different directories) which is also available in TC but not it seems in DO9[/quote]

This should be no problem, did you try the search (Ctrl-F) resp. the synchronize buttons? make sure to check all options.

Thanks again “abr” but I think we are talking about different things; the ‘find or synchronize‘ has nothing to do with file compare.
When I say compare I refer to 2 files in different directories with the same name, date and size. I then want to compare the contents to view any differences in contents if any. I am not talking about MD5 etc.
This can also be done with Winhex – Tools/FileTools/Compare but I was hoping it was available in DO9 as it is in TC
:frowning:

[quote="hoonose"]Thanks your reply but it does not really help.
For example I would like to click on drive button D: on the left which would automatically select D: drive on the left pane – Then click on drive button E: on the right pane which would set the right pane to E: drive.
If I copy the drive buttons then that is all I get; just a copy of the existing buttons. They do not select left or right pane. It is a pity because I have been using TC for many years and I really miss that option.[/quote]

Check out this thread. It offers a couple of easy options to get you where you want to go.

Many thanks Chuck, that is exactly what I was looking for.
The post by nudel: Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc fits my requirements pefectly. :smiley:

Have you tried using the byte comparison mode on the synchronize tab of the utility panel?

Thanks John but that only tells me if the files are equal on not.
TC gives a list in notepad similar to below and so far I have found nothing in DO9 to compare.

Example of comparing 2 files:

1. C:\Users\Hoonose\Documents\MyFile1.exe
  2. D:\Files\Myfile2.exe
    Result displayed in notepad:
    Offsets: hexadec.
    0: 68 52
    1: 74 61
    2: 74 64
    3: 70 69
    Etc Etc
    34: 6D 6E
    35: 6C 67
    51 difference(s) found.
    :frowning:

Drive Buttons:

You can make differnet copies of the Drive Buttons always open in a particular side of the lister (OPENINLEFT and OPENINRIGHT arguments) and you can also make Drive Buttons which open in the left or right side depending on which mouse button you click with.

Edit: Looks like both of these things are explained in the thread that's linked in a post above so maybe you know this already.

Comparison Tools:

Please start a new thread for new questons, else it gets confusing for people trying to read/answer/search the forums.

If you want to compare two files for differences have a look in the Buttons and Toolbars forum for my Diff Toolbar. It will give you a binary diff button which outputs info very similar to your TC example. If will also give you text diffing tools which tell you what has changed/moved around between two text files.