Total Duration for Music or Movie Directories

In directories displaying either music or movie files, there is a column which list the duration of each individual file. One feature I would like to see is the sum of all the durations in a
directory that contains mostly movie or music files. This comes in handy when you want to find out how many minutes or hours of music you have in any particular directory.

Add the {tmp3} code to the status bar - this will show the the total time for all mp3s in the source folder. There are a number of variations to this - you can choose to see total time for selected mp3s and total time for the destination folder for example.

Prefs - Display - StatusBar

See also, Chapter 17, Status Bar Control Sequences in the Directory Opus Manual.

1 Like

The MP3 status-bar fields also show selected/total playtime for movies as well as MP3s. (They are slightly misnamed.)

1 Like

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed. I will need to read through most of the docs one of these days... :slight_smile:

I was hoping that opus could do just this feature and happy that I could add {h!}d- {smp3} / {tmp3}{h!} to my status bar for managing clips. I should have added it awhile ago for mp3's and seen that it works for videos as well, but thanks to the thoroughness of this forum it's taken more time to write this than to implement the feature.

1 Like

I´d like to comment, that what i saw regarding the durations was not always very accurate, though i think this is not necessary Dopus´ fault. Iirc it was happening when viewing variable bit rate MP3s.

Durations for VBR MP3s are indeed approximate.