Trashcan access broken?

Since today (second update to 8.1, TortoiseSVN issue...) I'm experiencing problems with the trashcan. I normally hit F6 to bring up the Opus settings, where I (most of the time) leave the page "File operations / Delete" open so I can access the empty trash button.

OK, first of all that's a lousy way of using the trashcan, but Opus doesn't offer anything better in the program (like a special hotkey for empty trash which brings up an information dialogue with the trahs contents), but that's not my complaint.

Since today I can put lots of things into the trashcan but the Opus settings page states "empty". No, It's not!

Huh?

[quote]
Since today I can put lots of things into the trashcan
but the Opus settings page states "empty". No, It's not!

Huh?[/quote]

Seems to be a problem with the Unicode version - will fix.

A couple of things you could do:

1. Set up a hotkey to run the command:
ContextMenu FILE ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} Properties

This will display the properties for the Recycle Bin

1. Set up a hotkey to run the command:
Delete EMPTYRECYCLE

This will empty the Recycle Bin.

First of all, thank god for this forum and the programmers actually reading it. I hope you can sort out the problem with the Unicode version.
For your tips regarding the usage of the Recycle Bin: bringing up the properties page makes no sense, since there's nothing about the current contents. And the "Delete EMPTYRECYCLE" lacks the information about how large the contents have grown. I like having that bit more information from the Opus properties page. Perhaps a dedicated mini-requester (with a message like

shown by "Delete EMPTYRECYCLEPLUS" would be good.

I think the Unicode problem is fixed in today's 8.1.0.1 update:

- Fixed problem with recycle bin status display in Preferences in the Unicode version