Trigger copy/move from destination lister, not source?

Is it possible to execute a file copy/move to a destination lister from the destination lister itself? It's my impression that you can have 2 listers open but in order to execute the function, the focus must be on the source lister and not the destination.

Scenario: I find a file that I want to move but I don't know where to put it. So I navigate through numerous folders... up, down, over, across, in and out, etc. Once I find the appropriate folder, I'd like to press a key/button and move from the file that is selected in the source without having to ALT-TAB back to that lister or TAB over to the other side of a dual-vertical display.

You could use the standard cut/copy/paste mechanism.

I think it would also be possible to make a button which does this, but I'd also use cut/copy & paste as Tanis suggests.

I hear you about the normal copy-paste... but sometimes I don't want to press CTRL+C to initiate the sequence, then navigate, then CTRL+V. I'd rather just find the appropriate folder and press a button or keystroke to do the copy/move. But using the standard CTRL+C or the standard Copy button requires that you either initiate the sequence prior to the navigation or go back to the source lister and press copy. Isn't there a way to skip one of these steps.?

So what you're actually asking for is a way to initiate a copy from dest->source?

You could create a button with Set state=dest which will force Opus to swap which pane is the source/dest. Then the normal copy button will function as expected.

There's no way to actually copy from the destination.

You could always make a feature suggestion to GPSoftware.

This command will copy all files and folders selected in the Destination Lister to the folder currently listed in the Source Lister.

dopusrt /CMD Copy HERE FILE {allfilepathdest$}

This command will move all files and folders selected in the Destination Lister to the folder currently listed in the Source Lister.

dopusrt /CMD Copy MOVE HERE FILE {allfilepathdest$}

I do not believe there is a way to safely accomplish a button such that you can select a subfolder in the Source and copy files from the Destination into that subfolder. So you will always have to list the target folder in the Source file display.

PHPBB_IMPORT_WARNING CODE_NEAR_LI

To safely copy all selected files and folders from the Destination Lister to a selected subfolder in the Source Lister, do this:[ol][li] Open Settings Menu - File Types[/li]
[li] Select Directory Opus File Types - All Folders, and click on the Edit button[/li]
[li] Click on the File type - Context Menu tab[/li]
[li] Click the New.. button to add a new context menu entry[/li]
[li] Edit the new action as follows:[ul][li] Action: Copy Destination Items Here[/li]
[li] Type: Run an Opus function (not supported in Explorer)[/li]
[li] Function: Standard Function (Opus or External)

@firstfileonly dopusrt /CMD Copy TO {filepath$} FILE {allfilepathdest$}[/li][/ul][/li]
[li] Click OK to save and close the Edit Action dialog.[/li]
[li] Click OK to save and close the Edit File Type dialog.[/li]
[li] Close the File Types - Directory Opus dialog[/li][/ol]
The method is safe, because the action will only appear in your context menu when you right-click on a subfolder (or several subfolders). If just one file is selected, the action will not appear on the context menu. I wouldn't recommend the same command in a toolbar button or hotkey because it would not discriminate between a selected subfolder or a selected file. (I really don't want to find out what madness ensues when one attempts to copy a hundred files to a file, not a subfolder.)

The @firstfileonly directive ensures that files and folders selected in the Destination will only be copied to the first selected subfolder in the Source, even if more than one subfolder was selected before you right-click.

If the @firstfileonly directive is removed, files and folders selected in the Destination would be copied to all selected subfolders in the Source. This might actually be very desirable in some applications. In fact, I seem to recall someone on this forum looking for just such a method some time ago.