Trying Ver 10 while keeping ver 9.5.6

Hi. I was wondering if I can simutaneously install a trial of ver 10 on my Win 7 PC without in any way impacting my currently owned version, 9.5.6? Also, can I import my backed up settings from ver 9 and use them in ver 10? Thanks. Of all my software, I love Directory Opus & Jotnotes the best!

You can't have two versions of Opus installed at once, so backup your config while still using Opus 9 in case you want to re-install Opus 9 and restore the config.

You can restore your Opus 9 config to Opus 10, although that is not needed if you install 10 over the top of 9 since your existing config will be used automatically. (But it's still worth backing up your Opus 9 config in case you need to go back to it, and as a general backup of course.)

If you install Opus 10 over 9 then you'll get the new default toolbars, but your old toolbars are still there, just turned off initially. See the recent FAQ for info on how to turn your old toolbars back up (but do at least look at the new ones, since there are a lot of new things in them).

[quote="leo"]
If you install Opus 10 over 9 then you'll get the new default toolbars, but your old toolbars are still there, ...[/quote]

Seemingly except for the one named Drives.

Check the private vs global config folders. I think that's all that is.

I'm going to take this back to Toolbar naming conflict when updating Opus 9 to Opus 10 - #5 by rcoleman1943.