Two Issues

I have just started evaluating DOpus. Over the past week or so, I have been trying quite a few file management applications. I, by far, like DOpus the best. I have it setup just the way I want it. I'd like to switch to it, but I have run into two issues I cannot seem to determine the cause of:

1. File listing seems to be slow. Of course, the more files a folder has, the slower it is. In Windows Explorer, for example, I can click on a folder with 100 files, and they show instantly. With DOpus, I clearly see as the files are being added.

2. Right clicking on files and/or folders to show the context menu is slow. I searched both of these issues before posting, and I found some suggestions. Disabling the Windows and external shell extensions did improve speed, although it was still slower than Windows Explorer. WinRAR is the only shell extension visible outside of Windows. I'd like to keep it. I tried the suggestions from other threads. I downloaded ShellExView and poked around some. I don't know if the Windows "Send To" item might be slowing things. I would be willing to disable it, but I couldn't locate it through ShellExView to try that.

I am using a very high-end workstation. So, these tasks should be instant. Vista 64-bit is the OS, although I have not read these as being related to any of the issues people are reporting with Vista. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Could this be caused by some setting I have changed in the program? I have adjusted and customized quite a bit. Thanks much.

PS - how do I disable the context menu side graphic effect? I very much doubt that is what's causing the slowness, but I figure it's worth a shot since I don't care to have it anyway.

Disregard this post. I did a system restore to the point before installing DOpus (because of the changes made to Vista when trying to replace some instances of Explorer), and after the reboot from that and reinstalling/configuring the program, everything seems to be fine now.

Preferences - Toolbars - Appearance.

Cool. It's working great now. I will be ordering shortly.

This is not good. I ordered, and it was working great for a while, but the slowness has returned. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to resolve?

The info in these two FAQs may help:

Sticky: Crash/exit/100%CPU when right-clicking certain files
Sticky: Crash/exit/100%CPU when viewing a certain directory

It could also be down to anti-virus, but my bet is it's a particular file or filetype combined with a video codec or shell extension.

Running Process Monitor and seeing what dopus.exe (and other processes) are doing while loading the directory may also reveal what's wrong.