Two Version 13 Questions

Thanks. That rules out several possibilities.

Could you make a process snapshot, while doing a file copy, and send it to us? Only one is needed in this case; you can ignore the part where it says to make more.

I've compressed the .dmp file to a .7z file, but it's still too large & my email server will not allow me to send it. I looked at it and am not sure it has anything useful for you, but I'll be happy to upload it to a shared location if you want to send me a link. In case you don't want to post a link on the forum, I just sent you an email to which you can respond with an upload link.

Leo - I'm currently on a Windows 10 desktop. I recognize my license is for one computer, but for testing purposes I just installed Ver 13 on a second desktop I have which runs Windows 11. Exactly the same issue on both computers - no progress window.

wetransfer.com is a good service for this.

Thanks for that! File uploaded & sent.

I have an update for you. I didn't like the look of the jobs bar, so I haven't used it. But I just enabled it, began an inter-folder copy, and the jobs progress bar said there are no active jobs running. I'm guessing that's significant as relates to my issue?

The problem is caused by FileBox eXtender, which is also abandoned. Uninstall that, or add an exception to tell it "do not handle this program at all" for dopus.exe.

Thank you sir! I've been using that utility for years and find it very handy - especially with open/save in File Explorer. It worked fine with dopus ver 12. Anyway, I did as you suggested and excluded dopus. It's all good now. Thank you again - I never would have figured that out on my own.

1 Like

There are some similar tools listed in Can Opus replace the File Open/Save dialogs other programs use? which might be good alternatives.

Actually, in the 5 minutes since I read your last reply I did a Google search for FileBox Extender alternatives and found Direct Folders and Quick Access Popup. I'm going to give both a try. Thank you again for your great support. Very much appreciated

Highly recommend Quick Access Popup

Just tried both Direct Folders and Quick Access Popup. QAP was a little more than I need and setup / configuration is a bit dense. DF looks good - just need to figure out how to get it to open dopus when I click on a folder.

QAP's author is on the forum and probably welcomes any feedback. Have a look here:

1 Like

Just an update re the two FileBox Extender replacements (please keep in mind I only care about using this for open/save dialogues - the Favorites feature in dopus is all I need within the app).

Direct Folders: Although I have set the path to dopus set in "custom", when I click on a folder in DF at open / save, it opens in File Explorer - it does not switch to dopus.

Quick Acces Popup - couldn't configure it to open in open / save at all. I use a two button mouse and oddly enough there doesn't seem to be an option to use anything but middle button. And again, for my needs the app is probably overkill anyway.

I've reached out to DF support and am waiting for a response.

Here's another one, I'm using Listary.
GitHub - gepruts/QuickSwitch: Uses opened file manager folders in File dialogs

Thanks. Just tried Quick Switch - a bit limited for what I want, but I appreciate the recommendation. And if I understand Listary, it's more of an alternative to Favorites than an open / save option, correct?

You can use the shortcut key (in my case Ctrl+G) to switch the path of the open / save dialog to the recently browsed path, clicking the Opus lister and then clicking the Open / Save dialog will also switch the path.

If you have the basics of AutoHotkey, you can play with it.
[AutoHotkey] ImageButtons, File open or save dialog path switcher

Thanks again. I've been using AutoHotkey for years, but I think Direct Folders is probably the closest app so far for my purposes. I'd prefer if I could get it to open dopus, but worst case it does pretty much the same thing FileBox Extender did.

It is so regretable that DO v.13 is in conflict with FileBox Extedner. They worked so well together in v.12!
I tried Direct Folders, but similarly to @Allan I can't make it open DO when a folder is clicked. Are the DO developers not thinking about a solution of their own to offer a similar File Open/Save boxes functionality as FileBOx extender or Direct Folders? It could be a separate small utility of part of DS 13.x.

I use "Jump to folder". At least helpful if you need no favorites etc., but want to jump immediately to a certain location/file.

https://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11194