Typing A Filename to Move To The File Selection

In Windows Explorer, you can type the name of the file you want to select and the selection will move to the name as you type it. For example, if I type in "read me.txt", then the selection in windows explorer will automatically go to that file. This doesn't work all the time in DO. For example (this is in explorer mode), in the folder tree I can type the name of a folder and the selection moves to the name I type. It works fine there. However, when I am on the right-pane (the one that has the contents of a given folder) the selection doesn't move when I type the name. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? This occurs in other modes as well (commander, dual horizontal, dual vertical, etc.).

Are you sorting your file list by something other than the Name column? If so the keypresses will find items according to the sort column, not the filename.

You can turn this feature off if you don't want it: Preferences / Listers / Power/Details: Sort-field specific key sorting. (There are separate options for Power and Details mode on the same preferences page.)

Hey that did it! Thank you very much!