UI freezes when I right-click on a folder

Title pretty much sums it up - almost every time I right-click on a folder in the folder tree, panel, or address bar, the cursor often turns into the blue spinning circle and dopus completely dies. It doesn't react to any input and has to be force killed. It never seems to actually load the menu for the item and often the UI never recovers. This makes it difficult and frustrating - if not downright impossible - to manage folders. It does not happen 100% of the time but does happen more often than not. Occasionally after 60 seconds or so dopus will start responding (and execute any clicks I tried while it was frozen, so it's queuing them) but the menu never appears (probably due to the aforementioned clicking around while frozen). I usually have to kill dopus and cannot find any kind of workaround for this issue. I tried capturing a video but there was too much sensitive info on the screen to allow for upload.

Directory Opus Pro 12.32 Build 8588 x64
OS 10.0 (B:22621 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0

Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 (22621.1848)

1 Like

woah that's a lot of bold, not sure how that happened....

I fixed the bold. The forum doesn't like the "--" between sections for some reason.

The freeze you're seeing will almost certainly be caused by a shell extension something else has installed, not Opus itself. Unless you're right-clicking something like a network folder where the server is not reachable over the network.

The guide WKen linked to shows how to track down the problem component.