Uninstalling DOpus without Control Panel

Hi together

I wanted to ask, if there is a way to uninstall DOpus without control panel? As i've installed it on a PC where i don't have admin rights (which works), i don't have access to the control panel. so i was wondering if i can deinstall it without going that way.

(not that i have enough of it, but changes of working place make it necessary).

i haven't found a hint via search. if there is a thread already covering that, sorry for not having seen it.

thanks a lot
Pascal

How did you install Opus on the machine? Did an admin do it or did you install it with your own non-admin account into a directory you have access to (i.e. presumably not Program Files)?

How to manually remove Explorer Replacement settings may help you. Beyond that you could probably just delete the Opus program directory and the three settings areas to get rid of almost everything that the uninstaller would remove.

hi Leo

thanks for your reply. Actually, i did the installation myself. DOpus installs pretty fine without admin rights - even in the program files folder. at least here in my office it worked.

yes, that's an idea to just delete the folders. I just wasn't sure if Jon long ago mentioned a way to activate the uninstall process directly - so that i could try it, and if it fails, just do it manually all the way.

The UninstallString value in the screenshot below is what the control panel item would run on my system. On yours it might be slightly different, though (e.g. for 32-bit).

Thanks Leo, that worked out perfectly. :smiley:
DOpus is gone - and things are clean so i can sleep without having the IT department wondering about some not allowed piece of software when they get the workstation back. -And i'll have to stick to plain stupid xp-explorer... :frowning:

Can't you use the USB install version of Opus ? Or is the USB port locked down on these machines ?

Hi Steve

it's locked indeed. No USB sticks allowed. that is there's another pc which has USB open (that being the one i actually could bring in the EXE all along) but that's not the one i'm working on... well, gotta live with it.

Sounds like it's time to buy your IT admins a couple of beers ...

well, it's not only those guys, it's the risk management department that plays evil. and as it's actually a bank, so they are pretty eager to protect their values... i'd have to switch to heavier stuff than just beer. :grin: