Up/Down cursor behaviour on lister when viewer pane selected

If you have a lister without the viewer pane, you can rename a list of files quickly by

1. selecting the top file and pressing F2 and entering the new name.

2. Pressing cursor down and entering the new name of the second file.

3. Pressing cursor down and entering the new name of the second file.

etc.

However if you have the viewer pane, this does not seem to work. What happens is that the second time you press the cursor down button it pages down the images on the viewer pane, rather than going down the list of files.

If there any way of setting it up so that cursor down still moves down the file list, even when the viewer pane is in use?

I take it you're renaming PDF files?

Some PDF viewers insist on taking the input focus after loading a file. We have workarounds to try to take the focus back after they steal it, but our workarounds aren't always enough and there's not much we can do.

[quote="leo"]I take it you're renaming PDF files?

Some PDF viewers insist on taking the input focus after loading a file. We have workarounds to try to take the focus back after they steal it, but our workarounds aren't always enough and there's not much we can do.[/quote]

Thanks for the lead. I was using Adobe Reader but have changed to use Nuance PDF and it is now working fine.

Nuance PDF is a bit basic in terms of its viewer pane functionality as compared to Adobe (I would say the product as a whole is much better than Adobe but the viewer pane has less functionality) but I can live with that, and perhaps that is why it works.

[quote="jjantell"]

Thanks for the lead. I was using Adobe Reader but have changed to use Nuance PDF and it is now working fine.

Nuance PDF is a bit basic in terms of its viewer pane functionality as compared to Adobe (I would say the product as a whole is much better than Adobe but the viewer pane has less functionality) but I can live with that, and perhaps that is why it works.[/quote]

FoxIt Reader also works fine.