Updated: Intel Optane causes high CPU usage (Opus & Explorer)

I monitor my cpu usage, and the latest stable update is causing spikes in usage, hanging around the 12% mark when nothing is being utilised in dopus. It's not causing any hangups, or anything, but that's abnormal behaviour. Closing dopus in the systray stops the cpu spike, but then if i open dopus again, it will increase in usage again, even without any actual activity in dopus.

I've never had this issue before, and that's why I created an account to have this investigated, or to enquire if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks in advance

PC Specs:
CPU: i7 8700k
GPU: IGP
RAM: 32GB DDR4 RAM
Res: 3440x1440

We don't have any similar reports so far. It may be caused by another component rather than Opus itself. Here's how to find out:

ok So I had a look, I have the following stacks for each top thread:

and

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but I'm assuming DOPUS is not the culprit in this instance?

First hit when you google that is Intel Optane causes Explorer.exe to have high CPU usage.

Cheers, I uninstalled the pinning extension as stated in that thread. Seems to have resolved it. Thanks for taking time out to resolve the issue, even though it turns it wasn't DOPUS after all. I'll keep process explorer installed for future usage.

Thanks

1 Like

Same problem for me, how to fix? What pinning extension?

Looks like Intel have trashed their support site, or you need a login just to read the thread. Not sure which.

From Googling for similar terms, it looks like Intel's iaStorAfsServiceApi service is the problem.

Thank you very much, the workaround is uninstalling additional optane apps