USB Thumb drive not showing

DO 10.0.0.4.4185.x86
Windows 7-32 bit

DO is not showing my USB thumb drive. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Update to the latest version.

My mistake. I had already updated to v10.0.1.0.4185. Same problem exists. Evidently I changed something that caused it. :blush:

Where is it not showing? (Folder tree, My Computer in the main file display, and/or on the drives toolbar?)

Does it show okay in Explorer?

If it's not showing in the Opus folder tree, does it show if you turn on Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance: Empty disk drives?

[quote="leo"]Where is it not showing? (Folder tree, My Computer in the main file display, and/or on the drives toolbar?)

Does it show okay in Explorer?

If it's not showing in the Opus folder tree, does it show if you turn on Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance: Empty disk drives?[/quote]

Thanks, Leo. Problem fixed. It's showing now.

Another question:
I would like to change the default black drive icons to -- icons showing the drive letter. I saw that somewhere recently and followed the instructions, but could not get it to work (maybe it was for XP only?). I have Win7.

Thanks again. What a great learning forum!

See this thread.

Regards, AB

See this thread.

Regards, AB[/quote]

OK. I went to the thread and followed the instructions exactly, editing the registry as stated. I placed the icon set into %programdata%\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Icons\

I went back into DO and right-clicked the toolbar and hit “Customize” and then clicked “Fixed Drives” then right clicked and clicked Edit. I clicked on the HDD image and selected “Select image from a file” and entered the location of the new icon set, selected “HDD_C.ico”. The “C” shows up correctly over the “Fixed Drive” icon, but when I exit out, I still see the 2 black HDD icons as before. This is where I’m sure I did something wrong. I want each drive to show up with their respective new icons. Is this the same for USB and CD/DVD drives?

Please help and show me what to do.

Thanks much.

You don't have to customize the toolbar for the HDD icons to be used. You may need to restart Opus (or even reboot) after changing the registry values, although I'm not sure.

Where are the black icons coming from in the first place? Windows does not have black HDD icons by default so it sounds like you've already customized things in some way, or the drives themselves are overriding their default icons.

PS: Next time, please start a new thread if you want to ask an additional question that isn't directly related to the current thread. (See the FAQs for reasons why this helps other people find things.)

I'm going to look into that. Not sure where they are coming from.

You're right. I should have started a new thread. Sorry.