Using filter in sync between folders doesn't work on sub directories even though Sync sub folders is

Using filter in sync between folders (2 different drives holding same folder structure) doesn't work on sub directories even though Sync sub folders is checked.

I assumed that I had created the filter incorrectly, but found it worked correctly when I drilled down so that left and right panes displayed same folders where the files to sync were.

I wanted to sync only files that had VP21 as part of filename. Couldn't understand why it wasn't working.

So is this a bug ? Using latest update of v13.

I used (text version) "name" "match" *VP21* "use wildcards" is checked.

There's an * at both ends, (directly before the V and after the1) doesn't show above?

I've fixed the post, but see Formatting tips specific to the Opus forum for how to do it.

Could you show screenshots of:

• How you have the sync panel configured
  • The filter definition
  • Some files that should be matched but aren't being considered

Also keep in mind that sync will usually hide files that already match the other side, even if they match the filter, since there's no reason to do anything to those files.

Hi Leo, thanks for getting back.

I have spent a lot of time on this before posting here, I may be missing something very simple.

As you can see the synchronise sub-folder contents is checked

Also it does work if I drill down to the respective subfolders on both drives that I am syncing to. It then finds files with VP21 and syncs as expected.

This is a test file that won't sync ... Test [VP21]-1.txt

I removed the brackets and makes no difference.

I put several test files in several lower and lower subfolders, same result.

This works ...

The "only-regex" filter template in previous post doesn't work but this does, but it's not finding files in lower folders.

I tried a previously made filter that has the same issue, it doesn't find *.txt files to sync if operating/searching to sync from a higher folder, but does only sync if the file to sync is in the left window pane.

I've tried this and can't get it to fail.

Are you definitely using the latest version (13.4.7)? As there have been a number of sync changes recently.

Hi Leo,

Apologies for long delay in getting back, wasn't at PC till now.

The latest Beta 13.4.8 fixes issue, works now.

When I check under Help it only indicates 13.4. I may have somewhere elected to not update betas or it is really 13.4.0 without indicating the .0. Whenever I am prompted that there is a new update I always install it, so that's why I assumed I had the latest.

Thanks for that.

John

1 Like

The About dialog should show the full version number if a beta is installed:

You can configure the update checker to look for (or ignore) beta version here:

• Preferences / Internet / Updates

(If a beta is installed, it'll look for new betas automatically. The option can only be turned off when a non-beta version is installed.)

Thanks for all that Leo. I thought I had replied to this yesterday but only when I got a non delivery email notice that I hadn't.

I have changed my settings to weekly but also include beta's.

Sure enough it now shows the full 13.4.8 in the DO About. Excellent

1 Like