V12 - Congratulations Team Opus!

Make sure you turn the volume up full :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the release guys, a stellar upgrade so far :slight_smile:

[quote="leo"]Some very missed cats in the videos now. :cry: But it's nice to remember them. I feel bad as one of my two alive cats hasn't made it into a video yet.

Chester even found his way into Preferences! :sunglasses: (Preferences / Display / Transition Animations)[/quote]

Just installed and saw Chester in the Preferences - how awesome! Thanks so much :smiley:

+1 here, the video ALONE made this instant update for me. GREAT work!

excellent work as always. the introduction video is as well produced as Dopus is developed. thank you team.

Thank you so much for the new version 12 of Dopus! I saw the email while I was out and couldn't wait to watch the video, so I watched it on my phone while on the bus, and I was amazed! So many great additions to an already wonderful software :slight_smile: I especially loved the look of the status icons and the ability to add multiple labels! That's awesome!
I am home now watching the video again but I just had to post my Thanks to you on the forum, I'm so happy with Directory Opus and could never use a computer/laptop without it, it's not even an option :laughing:

Top marks from this old boy too.
It's been a few years since I've posted here but Opus is still a critical part of my every day computing life.
I'd be lost without my Opus and version 12 just flat out rocks. :slight_smile:

Hey John, nice to see you're still around! Hope all is well!

Thanks Leo, all is very well here.
My only problem is ever since I got old, moldy, and retired I've been busier than ever.
Just got back from Alaska. :slight_smile:

Hey Greg, Jon and Leo,

Brilliant work as always. The whole display seems cleaner and clearer and the added functionality is welcome thank you.

All the best,

B

Really amazing release, thanks to everyone involved.

And very special thanks for implementing status icons. I use this feature every day! It works exactly as as I hoped it would, and I am very grateful that the DOpus team made it happen.

Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

Where can I find this video?

Where can I find this video?[/quote]

You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1Mvs46WH8

There is also this forum thread about it: [url]Tutorial video: Column resizing & folder formats]

[quote="Ennovy"]You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1Mvs46WH8

There is also this forum thread about it: [url]Tutorial video: Column resizing & folder formats][/quote]
Thanks Ennovy.

@Andy, I did see your reply about Video DownloadHelper but I can't get access to Firefox extensions at work unfortunately.

@Leo, can you make this video temporarily available to download also?

Oh sweet~ Thanks and congratulations!

Well, I am gobsmacked. I knew there would be plenty of goodies I hadn't stumbled onto in the Beta, and I knew it would work because the Beta was entirely usable, but the VIDEO was tremendously valuable in showing all the incredible refinements and improvements you guys have made in what was already a brilliant piece of work. Much kudos to you all, and an extra thank-you for the concise and eminently useful video.

Allen

Exhilarating and gratifying as it can be, the world of software development is also a tough one. The pressure to deliver immediately, to compromise on detail and usability, to hamstring users with cheap, quick band-aid patches over bugs, to surreptitiously bundle a swarm of unwanted ads and to provide ever less powerful interfaces is an incessant and unrelenting one that many a company caved in to over the years.

Not so with Opus. I have been a Directory Opus user since the Amiga's heyday (okay, with a 9-year hiatus between Opus Magellan 5.62 and Opus 6 on Windows, but still), and the passion, dedication, perseverance as well as the user-friendliness and painstaking attention to detail the team has invested into this product all throughout is nothing short of amazing. Considering in addition their willingness and ability to provide a steady stream of useful, feature-laden updates against a backdrop of software vultures bent on thriving off the erosion of our privacy, with no strings attached and literally for decades now, let me venture that their efforts are bordering on incredible.

Now before version 12, my expectations had already been tempered quite a bit; after all, I thought, who could realistically expect anything other than a few small fixes, especially after the many enhancements already given away in Opus 11 updates, but of course you've surprised me yet again. The resedisgned Rename dialog, relative graphs begind column data and the manual sorting mode are specifically the most useful to me, and the other new features are pretty good, too.

So, and I'm saying this not as a paid shill, just a guy who happily uses this product day in and day out, I am super proud and grateful to have been allowed to be part of this experience. Greg, Jon and all the others, congratulations again, I can't thank you enough, and the honor is entirely mine. Hope I'll make it to Brisbane one day to give you the handshake you've earned a million times over.

[quote="JohnZeman"]Thanks Leo, all is very well here.
My only problem is ever since I got old, moldy, and retired I've been busier than ever.
Just got back from Alaska. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yeah. Why digging for gold, when you can buy DOpus 12 so easily?

[quote="aussieboykie"]Thanks to the Opus developers for all all the hard work on the new version, particularly Leo and Jon who have been so responsive to all the testers throughout the Beta program. v12 is a big step up and has been well worth the wait.

Regards, AB[/quote]

I thought Leo and Jon were Greg were the only ones in GPsotware? :open_mouth:

Yes, congrats again. I've been using v12 for a solid month now on both work and home computers. And yes, using NAVLOCK as well :slight_smile:...

R.I.P Meowski
:frowning: