Ver 12.33 has a serious bug that it cannot handle more than one 'File Collection' created by 'dopusr

There seems to be a serious bug with Directory Opus with regards to programatically creating multiple file collections using 'dopusrt.exe'

I created a git repo with working bash scripts that can be cloned to replicate.

The bash script: ./find-files does this:

1. use GNU find.exe to create a .txt file (POSIX path format) like /d/some/path/to/file.txt
  2. use cygpath.exe -w to convert all the entries to Windows/DOS path format like: D:\some\path\to\file.txt
  3. use unix2dos to make sure the windows path file is utf-8, and in Windows/DOS file format
  4. create a file collection using command: 'dopusrt.exe

The first collection creates OK and I can see that the output files from the above and input files to dopusrt.exe are correct.

If I run a second script with different find criteria and options and a different collection name, the script creates the correct output files but in a dopus lister, clicking between the two collections shows the same results.

having two collections each with a different name and different file list is blowing it's mind.

When I run the scripts, I have zero collections in dopus, and all dopus listers are closed.
I run two scripts to create the two collections and then open a dopus lister and do not see the results that I would expect.

If I delete the two collections, and start over and run one script only, or the other, I see the correct results in dopus, so this verifies that the scripts are working correctly, but dopus has some serious issue that it cannot handle more than one file collection created with 'dopusrt.exe'

I just paid for this product (2 license + laptop) with good faith that there would not be obvious bugs like this that would have been easily found by QA.

If I am doing something wrong here with my scripts, please let me know, but there is an indication that it is a dopus lister bug.

try it yourself: GitHub - devlocalca/dopusrt-script: This repo demonstrates a GPSoftware Directory Opus script ( dopusrt.exe ) script problem

Is there a reason you cannot link your account? I've asked twice before now, and you've been on the forum for seven months now.

Have a look at WslFind for some inspiration on how to handle collections.

Unlisted as it was superseded by Serious directory opus bug with creating a file collection, please fix! and seems to be a fault in devlocal's scripts, not Opus.