Version 8 with 64-bit Vista?

Hi. According to a FAQ posted last May, Directory Opus is supposed to (mostly) work with 64-bit Windows, with the exception of Directory Replacement. The FAQ does not mention the versions for which this is true. Can anyone tell me if version 8 will work with 64-bit Vista?

I cannot afford to upgrade to version 9. Today, I tried to install version 8.2.2.5 on my new laptop. I told the installation program to run Dopus when the installation was complete, but it gave me an error message saying that it was unable to run the program.

When I checked the Start menu, I found a Directory Opus folder, but no program was listed. Looking in the program directory, I discovered that there was no executable.

I reinstalled the program, running the installation as an administrator, with the same result.

I can't even uninstall the program now, because the uninstall application says it can't run the program to uninstall it!

Am I going to be able to get this to work, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Keith

No. Version 8 of Opus should NOT be used with Vista in any form, either 32 or 64 bit.

If you wish to use Opus on Vista then you MUST USE version 9.

Version 9 has both 32 and 64 bit versions now. You should install (can only install) the specific version corresponding to your OS 'bitage'