Vertical Button Spacing on Vertical Toolbars

I have a vertical toolbar and would like to increase the space between the buttons. I thought the "Vertical Button Spacing" preference would help with this but it seems to have no effect at all and only increases the spacing with the new group divider. Is there a way to increase the button spacing on a vertical toolbar?

I think the only way at the moment is to increase the icon or font sizes, which probably isn't what you want.

(Icons with a blank border around them would do it, but unless there are only a handful of things on the toolbar, they would be a pain to make.)

You could insert spacers between the items to get arbitrary extra spacing between each button. That might be viable if you don't plan to edit it often, and if there aren't generated buttons on it, but would not work that well otherwise.

Thanks, in the end I added a 6px padding to the ions. It's not perfect because it won't affect the "Go drivebuttons" button, but it will have to do for now.

For Opus 12.7.2, we will add a couple of checkboxes which let you apply the vertical button spacing to individual buttons on vertical toolbars and/or within pop-up menus:

1 Like

That would prove to be quite useful, thanks for your help.