Very Serious DO Shutdown Problems

Ever since I upgraded my system to a new Vista x64 rig, I've been having trouble using DO. Basically, at random times, though normally when opening a new lister after a system wakeup or when opening up a sync lister, I will be greeted by an error message telling me to terminate the thread. I'll terminate it. Then it'll give me a new error message telling me to restart DO. I'll restart it. Then, shortly after a restart, the error cycle continues (it gives me the same error message that started everything) until I do a complete reboot of my system.

This has been incredibly annoying, especially considering DO never gave me this problem before. I've now experienced it with the previous version 9.1 and was hoping it would disappear with the new 9.5 x64, but no luck. I've attached some pics of the problem.

Please help. I can't stand having to restart my system just to use DO and then to only have it last a few days before it gives me the error cycle again.

Usually caused by a shell extension of video codec issue.

See the FAQ: Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories

happyuser23,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem on Windows 7 x64 and wonder if you can post what codecs you have installed to see if we have any in common ?

I am currently using:

Win7Codecs v1.3.8 (plus Win7x64 Components v2.1.7)
QuickTime Alternative v3.0.0
Real Alternative v2.0

I am having exactly the same problem as described in the first post in this thread. Has anyone come up with a solution? Windows 7 x 64.
Anyone got a suggestion as to where I should look?

Yes, the list of things in the FAQ I linked above.

Do note that all the reports above show that the crash is at an address physically outside of the Opus address space. This shows clearly that the error is in an external application / DLL. As Leo said the usual cause is non-compliant shell-extensions. There are mechanisms to track these things down as Leo has indicated.

If you still cannot resolve it then you will need to file a formal report with GP Software via the Support page on the GPSoft web site.