VERY strict license?

I am reading Opus Manual, and there I see:
"Usage on more than one machine or by
more than one user requires that a license be purchased for each machine or each end user of the software."

So if I used DO and my wife wanted to 'take a look at something' while I am working she would be forbidden, according to the license, to touch DO? In practice I need one license for every person in my household?
Do I read it wrong, or is it the most restrictive license one could figure out?

What do you think?

X.

Please contact GPSoftware directly for license issues.

I would imagine that the part you quote is mostly written for situations like installing DOpus on several computers in a corporate network.

I have a hard time believing GPSoftware's lawyers would come kick your door down if their clairvoyants saw your wife trying out DOpus on your computer. :smiley:

(Disclaimer: Obviously I can't speak for GPSoftware on this matter, nor do I know if they have lawyers and/or clairvoyants working for them. :slight_smile:)

No. As stated in the licence conditions, the licence is a traditional standard 'install' licence. It is not user licence but an install licence. You need a licence for each machine on which the program is installed. Unless, that is, you are running in a business environment with a shared server and multiple users whereupon an 'install' becomes a user.

This forum is not an official support forum for such qurstions. If you have any questions on such matters please use the support form on our web site (www.gpsoft.com.au) to contact me directly.

(Dr Greg Perry, GPSoftware)