View PDF - Open or Save

When I attempt to quickview a local pdf using the Viewer Pane, I get a file download popup asking if I want to open or save the file. It acts as if the file is from online instead of my local hard drive. If I click open, it will open my PDF view program instead of showing in the viewer pane.

I also notice the file download dialog shows the filename of any local pdf as "dnvt201305111540270054.pdf". I believe the numbers are a timestamp.

Diropus Pro x64 ver. 10.5.1.2
Windows 8 Pro x64

Do you have a PDF viewer installed other than the Metro-only one which comes with Windows 8?

Yes, I have the portable version of Sumatra PDF and file association set to use that.

I had to "install" Sumatra because with the Metro PDF reader, Dopus was causing PDFs to open in notepad.exe

That issue reported here:
[url]PDF opens with notepad in Dopus]

Sumatra does not include a preview handler (can be used by Windows Explorer and Directory Opus) or an Internet Explorer plugin (can be used by Internet Explorer and Directory Opus), so it won't affect the viewer pane.

Adobe Reader and PDF-XChange are a couple of examples which do include viewers that Opus can use. (There's also a 3rd party preview handler built on the FoxIt PDF viewer, though not by FoxIt themselves.)