View the MS-DOS Batch command created

I've been searching the forum for at least two hours, because I remember there was a post about this, but, sorry, I couldn't find it:

When you create a MS-DOS Batch command from DOpus, how could you view and check that the batch file DOpus creates is what you needed?

I ask this because I need quite often to run MS-DOS batch files and I never create them right with all these "{|}" modifiers. It takes me a long time to guess it right and it's usually a matter of luck if my command works right after several blind tries, but I would like to make sure I create the right command right away. And sometimes my buttons don't seem to work anymore and I wonder how I could debug them.

Maybe a FAQ or a tutorial or include answer this in the help file?

Even easier, since it's an MS-DOS command, just use the "echo" command built-into the OS at the start of each line, and stick the "pause" command at the end of the button, so the DOS window stays open.

e.g.

echo Some Command {filepath$} echo Some Other Command Or Whatever {allfilepath} pause

Thank you both!

[quote="leo"]Even easier, since it's an MS-DOS command, just use the "echo" command built-into the OS at the start of each line, and stick the "pause" command at the end of the button, so the DOS window stays open.

e.g.

echo Some Command {filepath$} echo Some Other Command Or Whatever {allfilepath} pause[/quote]

I was able to run echo ... and pause commands on Windows XP, but not on Windows 7 64 bits. I wonder why...

The @leavedoswindowopen could be another method, but it doesn't seem to work and there is no example how to use it: before the script, after the script, before a command, after a command? None of this works. Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

You've probably forgotten to set the function type to MS-DOS Batch in both cases. :slight_smile: