View the registry?

Hi all,

Can Opus display the registry as part of its virtual file system? I ask this question as the file manager I have been using could do this and it is quite a nice feature. I have read all the docs (I think) so if I have missed something I apologise in advance.

Best wishes from Australia (in fact, about 20 minutes from where Opus is developed and supported).

Opus can't do this at the moment, sorry. :frowning:

Once the VFS plugin SDK is available it would be a pretty good/easy project for someone to make a plugin to do this. I might do it myself eventually, if nobody else does, but got a lot of other things to do first. :slight_smile:

You could install Registry Explorer (regxplor.com), this is free and works fine within Opus.

Is there a way to get regexplor to utilize the tree view in dopus? On my system, it does not appear in the tree view.

It shows in the tree here. Make sure you have the tree set to display Desktop as thats where the link to the registry is placed.

Preferences|Listers|Folder Tree|Start Folder Tree At

Also, you can move the Registry link to My Computer, Control Panel or a folder of your choice - RMB on it and using the context menu item - Move to ...

My prefs were already set to start the Tree at Desktop. If I move regexplor to the other locations with its context menu, the DOpus folder tree doesn't show it there either.

In fact, Control Panel also does not show in the tree. Should that show in the tree as well?

I have Explorer Replacement set to replace all system folders. I am using Windows 2000 and DOpus 8.0.1.0 (I haven't yet gotten 8.0.1.1, but the change log didn't seem to show anything relating to this issue).

Settings -> Preferences -> Listers -> Folder tree -> Uncheck "Show file system folders only"

Pardon me for re-opening such an old thread, but it's the same topic so here goes.
I installed the regxplor.dll file (the other links were broken on the website), registered it, and the registry now appears under desktop in the tree view. However, if I click on any part of it in the tree view to see it in a viewer, DO crashes or jumps to another folder on my c drive. Isn't there a plugin for DO for this function? If not, how can I fix the crash?

[EDIT:]
Regarding my post about crashing: I found a note on the regxplor website about the crash. It says it's a known bug with v1.2 and lower and I should upgrade to v1.3. I have no idea what version I'm running since the only download that works on the site is the regxplor.dll and I suspect it's old. Does anyone have the v1.3 or newer version or know where I can get it?

Second miror work : Link

[quote="wysocki"][EDIT:]
Regarding my post about crashing: I found a note on the regxplor website about the crash. It says it's a known bug with v1.2 and lower and I should upgrade to v1.3. I have no idea what version I'm running since the only download that works on the site is the regxplor.dll and I suspect it's old. Does anyone have the v1.3 or newer version or know where I can get it?[/quote]
It is now up to v1.4.4