Viewer pane - how to "empty" columns

I'm just testing tagging the images I have.

I've selected some pictures, entered a value "abc" in the subject.

Then I've decided I want to have it in the title. Entered "abc" in the title and no value in subject and applied to the files. But the value in subject is still "abc".

Also tried the single selection way - no chance to bring it back to NULL/empty.

How-to?

Thanks a lot

It is finally really mysterious.

1. Select a image and open the viewer pane.
  2. Currently I have the value "Türkei" in the subject - when I empty the column and press APPLY - the value "Türkei" ist back.
  3. When I correct it to the value "T" and press APPLY I think it should be updated - the file view/list - the column "subject" shows now the value "T".
  4. I choose the next image (which will be shown in the viewer pane) and then I choose back to the previous image.
  5. Select the value "T" in the subject, press del to have an empty value, press APPLY - and what is back? "Türkei".

How can this happen?

I've thought when I apply it will be stored? (e.g. "T"). The viewer pane remembers to it's first original value?

However - I want NO value in the "subject". How to?

Thanks!

It looks like if you set the Title of a JPEG image, the Subject will also be set as well. (If already has a Subject string then it's left alone, but if it's blank then it gets a copy of the Title string.)

This may not be a bug, since Explorer appears to behave in exactly the same way. It might be part of the EXIF standard. (Or Opus and Explorer may have the same bug.)

Thanks a leo.

Yes - whatever I do - it is not possible to have an empty subject. The subject will be always updated to the title.

We've fixed this for the next update.

In the end, it looks like it was a bug in Windows itself (which explains why Explorer also had the same results). We've written code to avoid the bug.

[quote="leo"]We've fixed this for the next update.

In the end, it looks like it was a bug in Windows itself (which explains why Explorer also had the same results). We've written code to avoid the bug.[/quote]

DO is the number 1! :thumbsup: