Viewer won't advance to next image

Okay, let's try this again:

I'm using Opus 9.0.0.7 in Windows XP Professional. Today, for no apparent reason, the "advance" and "back" options in the Directory Opus Viewer are greyed out, even though I am accessing a folder full of images. I have done the following things. None of these have worked:

--Checked preferences, and confirmed that "Standalone Viewer Settings" were set to advance to next image of left-mouse click.
--Logged into my computer as a different user.
--Deleted "d8viewer.exe" from Program Files\GP Software\Directory Opus, then reinstalled Directory Opus.
--Uninstalled/reinstalled Directory Opus, including deleting all instances of GP Software in Documents & Settings.
--Uninstalled Photoshop CS3, as it updated itself shortly before I noticed this problem.

Does ANYONE have any ideas? You can probably guess that I'm quite frustrated at this point.

I suggested a solution to this a couple hours ago but I see it has disappeared :open_mouth: (which is not your fault woobus).

So one more time, do you have the option below checked?

I do.

I've found I can only image advance if I highlight everything in the folder. A workaround, but less than ideal - especially for a folder with a ton of images in.

How are you opening the viewer?

I've always opened the viewer by double-clicking on the image inside Directory Opus. I have the DO viewer set as the default viewer.

The way I have to do it now, is highlight all the image in the folder, then click on the viewer button in the toolbar.

Ok, then do you also have the option highlighted in red below set as it is in my screengrab?

Oops! Part of my last screen grab is wrong, :blush:
If you configured it exactly like I said you will still have the problem. Instead make sure double-click is set to USE INTERNAL PICTURE VIEWER FOR ALL RECOGNIZED PICTURES as shown in my third (and hopefully final screen grab on this thread).

Seems like extra effort to add the red ellipse to your prefs screenshots when the opus prefs filter will border things for you ready for a screenie? Habit or another reason?

Third screen grab's the charm. That did it, thanks!

It's another reason Steve, a highly technical one called "duh, I never thought of doing that." :blush: lol

Appreciate the pointer. :smiley:

Glad to hear your problem's fixed woobus!