Viewing STL & 3MF files in Viewer Pane Broken in 13.3.3

Since I installed 13.3.3, the viewer pane no longer displays 3D print files (.stl and .3mf) correctly. For .stl files, just the Prusaslicer icon is displayed, and for .3mf files, a picture of the build plate is shown - the same that appears in Octoprint or within PrusaLink etc.

I rolled back to 13.3, and both files types were correctly displayed, as they were with 13.3.2. Retried 13.3.3 and they were broken again.

I did do reboots in between installs

There's literally one change between 13.3.2 and 13.3.3, and it couldn't affect the viewer; only network drive labels.

(Only other difference is it's signed by my authenticode key, while most releases are signed by Jon's. Some antivirus may freak out about that, since the key hasn't been seen as much. That could theoretically break something if the antivirus blocks an action without telling you, which some antivirus do, including Defender. But it doesn't seem that likely.)

Thanks for the response, Leo. I only use the Windows 11 supplied antivirus and firewall, Defender. I disabled it all, rebooted, and the files are still not viewing correctly with 13.3.3. Still OK with previous versions.

I have not changed anything else on the PC recently, although who knows what Microsoft has changed in the background with Windows Store updates.

I've gone back to 13.3.2 for now.

File Explorer correctly displays the two file types.

Further to this, I've just tried the same tests with my 2nd PC (running Windows 10 Pro) and it is the same. With versions prior to 13.3.3, STL & 3MF display correctly. With 13.3.3, they do not.

Again, there have been no changes to that PC (other than Windows Updates etc.)

I think something is amiss here, somewhere.

I have no problems with stl files (Windows 11 and Dopus 13.3.3).

My problem is that in fbx and obj files, dopus always displays as text rather than image in viewer pane.

File explorer Windows 11:

Here are a couple screen videos showing the difference between 13.3.2 and 13.3.3 on Windows 11 Pro.

My guess is it will magically start working again when we release 13.3.4 and it’s signed with Jon’s key. There’s literally no code difference between the versions that could affect the viewer.

1 Like

Actually, I'm seeing the same now I'm back at my PC. Not sure what happened but it looks like that plugin DLL didn't build properly (none of the code was changed in it).

This issue appears to have been fixed in 13.3.4.

Thank you.

2 Likes