Viewing two images side by side - HOW?

First forgive me for being on the slower side of snails, but I wondered how I can view two images side by side - perhaps in one split opus window? I basically want to compare one jpg image with another and don't know how to do this - and not as thumbnails (I have looked through forum and seen Multiview, but this is probably not the right plugin).

Many thanks.

If it were me, I'd either open two listers each with a viewer pane, or use one lister with one image selected in the viewer pane while opening the second in the stand alone viewer. To do the latter I'd first select an image and open it in the stand alone viewer using the command SHOW. Next I'd select and open another image in the viewer pane using the command

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle

You can assign both commands to buttons.

That certainly works - but it's not ideal, as there's a whole load of playing around with window resizing etc. I am probaly quicker at opening two images in photoshop and viewing them that way.....hmmmm a split opus window, now that would be good!! :wink:

Double-click the two images and they'll each open in a separate, standalone viewer window (unless Opus isn't set to handle viewer images, or the Recycle viewer window option is turned on).

(Or one image in the preview pane and the other in the viewer, as John says.)

By the way, the Multiview plugin is called that because it can view many types files, rather than because it displays multiple files at the same time.

nudel,

ya cracked it!!

Seems I had the "recycle.." on, which, as you know, stopped me having two viewer windows open. Now if they could just be linked to be side by side in the same window......maybe I need to play more with viewing in DO now that I have this "unticked"....

many thanks.