Visual Basic 6 and OPUS with vbassist

As soon as I open OPUS 8/9, VB6 VBAssists won't load on subsecuents openings.

We are programmers and we used both programs intensively, however we need VB6 able to load the VBAssist without the need to reboot all the time; so we are about to decide in removing OPUS since is the only program causing the mishaps.

Any Solutions?

ariel

Opus doesn't have anything to do with VB or VBAssist so I don't understand why this would be happening, unless it's something obscure like slightly different environment variables for programs launched by Opus compared to Explorer.

If you launch VB from the Start Menu and not from Opus, is VB then able to launch VBAssist?

[quote="nudel"]Opus doesn't have anything to do with VB or VBAssist so I don't understand why this would be happening, unless it's something obscure like slightly different environment variables for programs launched by Opus compared to Explorer.

If you launch VB from the Start Menu and not from Opus, is VB then able to launch VBAssist?[/quote]

We are not opening VB6 from OPUS, what we meant is that if we open OPUS first and VB afterward, VBAssist within VB6 won't load.

Return "The error "Method '~' of object '~' failed"

Thereafter VBassist won't load never until we reboot the system.

When system is rebooted and we start VB6 before OPUS, VBAssist load perfectly. Seems that OPUS and VBAssist fight for a control or something.

But we understand that is very dificcult to get to the bottom of this problem.

ariel :confused:

Seems very odd. Since the error message is coming from VBAssist it will probably be easier for them to track down what is failing than for us or GPSoft.

Hopefully "object '~'" means something to them!

They are off the market!

Is sherridan Software, merged to Infragistic a year or two ago and they don't support vbassist, since .NET is on the street.

But is ok, thanks for answering!

cheers

Oh. :frowning:

It might be worth trying to see if it's a particular option in Opus that's causing them problems.

Try disabling Explorer Replacement mode, and also try turning off the Desktop-Double-Click feature and rebooting. I know the last thing sounds strange but it's one of the few things that causes Opus to interact with other programs. Disabling any system-wide hotkeys via the Customize dialog (they're the ones with "Hotkey *" in their type columns) may also be worth a try; perhaps VBAssist is sending a hotkey and expecting something to happen or something strange like that.