Volume in Viewer Pane: Always 100%

For .mp3 files I just went ahead and added the *.mp3 file extension to the Movie Viewer Plugin and now the volume gets saved.

EDIT: this only works for some .mp3 files for me...

I have never been able to get the movie plugin to play mp4 or mkv in the viewer, but avi plays just fine. Mp4 and mkv play with the media player plugin with the max volume problem. I followed all the guides, and since I have windows 10 v1909, the guide says that I should be ok out of the box codec wise. So I figured it must be a windows problem since my windows is an upgrade from win 7. As a test, I installed a freshly formatted disk with a fresh copy of win 10 1909 and a fresh copy of Dopus 12.18 with no customization. Same problem, media player for mp4 and mkv. What am I missing? Thanks.

The guide is out of date now. Microsoft added MP4 codecs/splitters to Windows 7, I think, but then changed them in Windows 10 so they no longer work, at least with the method the Movie plugin uses. It is quite an old method, to be fair, but it does still work with alternative codecs/splitters.

In the future, we plan to replace the Movie plugin with a new method, since the WMP viewers have some shortcomings of their own.

1 Like

There are free MP4 DirectShow filters here which may work for you.

The guide also links to some which worked well in the past.

Yes, now it works. You are correct, win 10 is no longer out of the box ready. x64 splitters were required. Thanks.

Do you also have plans to look into a new music plugin? So that the volume will work for all mp3 files?

Probably, yeah.